• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!

‘Locked In’ will have you locked in

Locked In will have you locked in

The new movie “Locked In” was released November 1, on the streaming platform Netflix. Directed by Nour Wazzi, this mystery/ thriller story will leave you questioning everything.

The movie catches your attention with the intro taking place in the hospital from a patient’s perspective who cannot speak or move as the nurse is speaking to her it begins the flashback of the story. The love triangles, tension with family riches, and murder creates a whirlwind of problems the characters experience. Lina (Rose Williams) is the protagonist, a young adult who was just married; fast forward ten years and we see a new side of her: she is unhappy as tensions fall between her and her mother-in-law (Famke Janssen), including her husband’s (Finn Cole) illness increases.

The movie transitions between flashbacks and current time. The movie mainly takes place at the house of Lina, her husband Jamie, and her mother-in-law Katherine. Introduced to us is Dr. Lawrence (Alex Hassell) who soon turns out to be more important than just the family doctor. Throughout the movie you will think you know what is happening and who did what, then everything will change and you’ll be shocked.

Full of suspense, this movie was thrilling to watch. The intended audience is late teens and adults as the rating is TV-MA. The movie is just a little over an hour and a half, but with some popcorn and the right people it’s worth it.

The acting is well done, not leaving you cringing. You may even end up hating or loving some characters because of how well the actors portray them. There is almost never any sunshine in the movie creating a suspenseful feel for most parts. The music adds to the somber experience of the movie and is enjoyable.

If you enjoy trying to solve mysteries in movies before the characters then this movie is for you, with all of its twists and turns it’s a real brain worker. So, go grab some popcorn and friends and prepare for an hour and a half of mystery.