Drake is ‘Nothing Like’ Kendrick

LunaEclipse

May 4, 2024 Kendrick responded to Drake’s track “Family Matters” in a timely fashion. Within a day of Drake’s track Kendrick released two songs. One titled “Meet the Grahams,” and the other titled “Nothing Like Us.” The main focus has been the second song because Kendrick says some serious accusations against Drake.

In this song Drake was accused of some pretty major things, such as accusations of relationships with underage girls. Kendrick starts by saying “I’m finna pass on this body, I’m John Stockton.” This line is comparing Drake to a teammate of John Stockton, Karl Malone, who was accused of having a child with a 13-year-old girl.

He continues, “Say, Drake, I hear hear you like ’em young/You better not ever go to cell block one/To any [exploitative deleted] that talk to him and they in love/Just make sure you hide your little sister from him.”

Kendrick is coming hot at Drake, openly addressing him as a pedophile, not caring about being too harsh. He then says “Certified Lover Boy? Certified pedophiles,” which is addressing how Drake and most of his management have been accused of being in relationships with people who are underage.

Kendrick ends his accusations with the entendre “Tryna strike a chord and it’s probably A-minor.” In which it is referencing the song “Teenage Fever,” that was written in A-minor, but also is again accusing Drake of having relationships with young women.

This song is a direct shot at Drake and his team, sending Drake into defense in the song “The Heart Part 6.” Kendrick is also expected to respond after the Sony Showcase due to contracts, and record deals.