Minaj is a priss about “Hiss”

As people say “the girlies are fighting.” Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion have been stirring up internet beef over a lyric in Megan’s latest single “Hiss.” The lyric in question that caused controversy was “This [expletive deleted] don’t be mad at Megan, these [expletive deleted] mad at Megan’s law.” Referring to the name for a federal law in the United States, requiring law enforcement authorities to make information available to the public regarding registered sex offenders. 

Minaj took this statement as a personal attack on her family. Many have critiqued and looked down upon the rapper, as her current husband is a registered sex offender, not to mention, bailing her brother out of jail for $100,000 after a rape arrest. Minaj also got heavily criticized after collabing with artists multiple times who have been convicted of sexually assaulting minors. 

On a public livestream, Minaj took to Instagram expressing her clear anger at Megan’s new hit, calling her names like fragment foot, some even speculating her under the influence of hard drugs due to her stuttered behavior. TikTok users making videos about the situation had been receiving backlash in their comment sections from Minaj. One comment from her stating “You can’t embarrass me b/c there’s nothing you can say that people haven’t heard. But now I’ll share YOUR ‘alleged’ tea & the executives funding you.” 

Minaj responded by dropping a diss track “Big Foot” just four days after the release of “Hiss.” This track refers to the case that happened back in 2020, where rapper Tory Lanez shot Megan in the foot. Discussing other things in the diss track like Megan’s mother who passed away, telling her to “Get up on her good foot,” lying about cosmetic surgeries, etc. People were not impressed by Minaj’s single and noticed it was the same insults she had said in her earlier Instagram livestream. 

It is a mystery to whether this drama will affect Minaj’s career as she does hold the title of “the queen of rap” for many listeners. Most spectators of the situation agree that it seems like she might be dulling her image by how she chooses to handle things publicly as she gets older.