Karma is the guy on the Chiefs

Karma is the guy on the Chiefs

Music star Taylor Swift and football star Travis Kelce are still going strong together. Since the last update of their fresh relationship, Taylor has been to multiple  games supporting him from the suites with his friends and family. They also have been seen together at dinners and other events hand in hand. Taylor Swift: Eras Tour embarked again just this past weekend, and here is what happened with the pair here. 

The Kansas City Chiefs played Sunday, November 5 in Germany. Taylor did not attend that, she was in New York getting dinner with longtime friend Selena Gomez, and Brittany Mahomes (wife of the Chiefs quarterback). But how perfect that the Chiefs played in Germany that Sunday, so they got a bi-week this previous week. This means Travis was free to travel down south to support his girl. Fans speculated if he was going to show up or not. When he spoke on his podcast “New Heights” with his brother Jason Kelce, he mentioned that he wanted to go somewhere south for a bit, but made it clear he would return to football practice on Monday. Travis did not make an appearance at her first show on Thursday, but he did appear at her show on Saturday. Here is where it gets crazy.

Travis was sitting in the black tent with Taylor’s dad on the floor section. When Taylor was performing her hit single “Blank Space,” she pointed to her boyfriend while she sang the lyrics, “You know I love the players.” Travis then blew her a kiss in return. Travis was recorded by fans singing and dancing along to all of her songs with hearts in his eyes.

During the last era of her tour, she was singing her popular song “Karma.” The original lyrics are, “Karma is the guy on the screen, coming straight home to me.” But this day, she sang, “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs, coming straight home to me.” Everyone was stunned, but in a great way. She has never been this happy and open in a relationship so fast, so Travis really must make her happy and comfortable. Fans who were filming Travis at that moment caught Scott turning to her soon to be son-in-law with wide eyes and jumping and clapping. Travis blushed at the situation, throwing his hands over his face. The look on her backup dancers faces was also a shocked excited look when they heard her actually change her song for him. 

Taylor always sings surprise songs, and at this show she chose to sing “End Game.” This is a love song explaining how she wants to be his “end game,” meaning a guy’s last love and the love for the rest of his life. It sounded even more beautiful and romantic on the piano. Fans knew that she picked to sing this song special for Travis being there. 

The show came to an end and fans were already baffled at getting to see the few interactions during the concert between the couple. But the love was not over yet. After Taylor waved at fans before leaving the stage, she ran off stage and into Travis’s arms, kissing him. She really has never been so public with her relationships. He spun her around embraced in his arms and the two left the concert together. 

The craziest thing was not the extreme PDA, it was the lyric change. Within hours of the videos being posted of her singing about the Chiefs, many Taylor Swift small business merchandise shops had crewnecks and t-shirts made that had the quote on it. Never does she change a lyric live at her concert about anyone, especially a boyfriend.