My top 10 Pinterest boards

Pinterest was an app recommended to me by Willow. She pitched it by saying something like, “you’ll love it,” at first I was skeptical of this promised love. You’re smart enough to have figured out, judging by the title of this article and the fact that Willow is always right, that I did end up loving Pinterest. In roughly a year, I have amassed just short of 8,000 pins, each manually saved. I present to you 10 of my favorite boards. It was very tough to narrow down the selections, but I think I did a pretty decent job. The following are listed 10-1 by number of pins; I like all of these.

Clothes

An essential board to everyday life, this board is where I draw the majority of my style inspiration. Unlike other boards that only serve an aesthetic purpose, this board is practical. I use it often to find ideas to base my outfits on. As of writing this, this board contains 1,555 pins. 

ART

This board is a gallery of cool art of all mediums. You’ll actually find cool art on all of my boards, but this one emphasizes it. I believe it is a very diverse collection of wildly different styles and subjects. As of writing this, this board contains 821 pins. 

Holy Items

This board is one of my all-time favorites. It’s a collection of retro fantasy art and other works inspired by the magical and gritty world of 1980-something Dungeons & Dragons games. You’ll see suits of armor, classic black-line drawings pulled straight from 1974, and other artwork depicting a messy, sort of violent fantasy world. As of writing this, this board contains 815 pins. 

buildings and spots

This board is a combination of man-made and natural places in the world. It’s a collection of places I would love to be, not like a tourist destination, but like a wonder to explore. I would love to live in some of these places, I would love to walk, climb, fly, or swim through them, too. As of writing this, this board contains 744 pins. 

shoes 

This is a pretty self-explanatory one: it’s shoes. Here, I save pictures of shoes I would love to wear or shoes that I just like, there are a good handful of women’s shoes mixed throughout. You can find anything from loafers to hiking shoes, some pairs drastically different from the one beside them. This board also acts as a wish-list for shoes I would love to buy sometime. As of writing this, this board contains 359 pins.

Zine

One of my most confusingly titled boards, Zine (pronounced “zeen”), is a true treasure trove of all things graphic arts. The name is a shortened form of the word, magazine. This board contains cool posters, creative product advertisements, digital art, font samples, charts + diagrams, text excerpts, etc. As of writing this, this board contains 291 pins. 

assortment

The odds and ends, the leftovers, the ones that just don’t fit. Assortment is a board full of all the unique pins that aren’t easily categorized into any other boards. This assortment of images acts as an interesting dive into my taste for visuals. There is no cohesion between pins on this board. You’ll find anything from a plastic gorilla with a rocket launcher to a coffee-stained countertop. As of writing this, this board contains 289 pins.

lost in transit

You’re probably thinking to yourself, “what a cool title.” I know I was thinking that when I came up with it. This board is about jewelry, watches, handbags, and luggage. All things you wouldn’t want to lose while traveling. This board is a good sample of my taste for rather irregular, luxurious items. As of writing this, this board contains 162 pins.

hello?

Another sort of confusing title, this board originally was all about rotary phones. Overtime, it evolved into a collection of retro technology. I’m talking about dial up internet and rounded screens– buttons, dials, switches– gadgets with an impractical amount of wires– keyboards and cameras– headsets and the printing press. As of writing this, this board contains 136 pins.

Summer

This board has a very straight forward name, Summer. It’s more than just another season though, see, when you’re a teenager, the summer is a magical time where you’re stuck in a three-month long expanse of being free and unsure. We have cars, we work jobs, but are we still kids? For this reason, Summer is a board that represents a perfect idea of my summer. Most of the pictures were added in the cold months of the year; you can tell where my mind was. With new freedoms unlocked by age, this summer can be one like no other. I don’t intend to waste it. As of writing this, this board contains 96 pins. 

@7MOTLEY7