Blame the media not Taylor

With the recent NFL controversy, this is who I think should be to blame
kenzie3307

People will constantly hate on Taylor Swift no matter what she does. It is ridiculous what people will do just to bring another person down. The main reason people dislike her recently is because she is “ruining the NFL.” People say this because she has recently been in a relationship with Chiefs tight end, Travis Kelce. The couple have been blowing up all over social media and TV. Many people are mad at this and it’s all the media’s fault.

Though it is obvious she is going to attract attention, Swift never asked to steal the spotlight from anyone from the NFL. It is the NFL cameramen who are panning over to Taylor Swift to get publicity. Recently a whole new crowd has been watching and keeping up with football from the influence of seeing Taylor Swift at games, which is the exact reason why the NFL shows Swift on the screen often. They aren’t meaning any harm by it; they are just trying to maintain as many viewers as possible. Sadly, they are causing harm. Many viewers and fans of football have been expressing their anger because of all the attention being on Swift and her relationship.

I understand that people could be frustrated because they are just trying to watch the game they love, but if they are going to complain and point fingers it should not be at Taylor Swift. Their outrage should be aimed at the NFL, for taking advantage of the fact that they have a very successful person in the arena, who has a relationship with one of their players. Swift had done nothing to promote herself in any way towards the NFL viewers.

Being a Swiftie myself, it bothers me to know that when Kelce goes to Swift’s concerts everyone is happy to see him and grateful that he is there to support her. No one thinks he is trying to steal the spotlight, and the same should go for Swift. Fans of Kelce should be happy he has someone going to his games and showing him support. It is ridiculous for people to be hating on Taylor Swift for simply going to her boyfriend’s football game.

At the 2024 Super Bowl, as Swift was shown on screen, many fans in the stands booed. No one should have to go through that. It is terrible to the pop star, and she has done nothing to the football community to deserve all this hate. I would love to see people get over themselves and quit hating on Taylor Swift for her football publicity she never asked for.