Ambitious Ava

Ambitious+Ava

This week we welcome our newest student Ava Piet! She transferred from Penn Hills High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Comparing Corry to Penn Hills, the change is drastic! At Corry Area Middle/High School, the graduating class typically has 100-150 students but at Penn Hill their graduating class is around 500-600 students. 

Of course Ava has not been here very long but here are the impressions she has picked up so far. She thinks the school is small and interesting. The school is welcoming but she has observed the drama amongst the halls. Her favorite class is English and favorite teacher is Mrs. Marsh.

She questioned the lack of bells while we switch periods and believes our school lunch is superior to Penn Hills. Her favorite food is tacos from Aztecka in Pittsburgh, PA.

Ava is very social within her friend groups and loves to crochet. At the moment, her favorite book is “Throne of Glass” by Sarah J. Maas. Piet believes her friends would describe her as sarcastic, funny, and caring (which are all supported by me)!

Her favorite colors are red, black, and blue. Ava has two pet birds. She has one brother and one sister. When Ava gets older, she would like to be an arson investigator. She plans on getting involved in the Spring Creek Junior Firefighter Program.

Let’s all make her feel welcome!