• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Top 10 articles I’ve written (a senior retrospective)

In my three years of writing for Beaver Tales I’ve mustered up 99 articles on my official account. Although having more works under anonymous names, I wanted to do something special for my 100th article. These articles I’m ranking can range from top 10s, news and features, opinions, or anything that fits under categories I’ve previously written about. The articles tier will be based upon how I think they represent me as a writer, not necessarily how “good” they are. 

1. Good luck election voters 

With 2024 being my first year being able to legally vote, I sarcastically vocalized how someone may feel who’s new to voting or regular voters in general. Everyone knows the ridiculous situations that politics puts people in and candidates this year erupt certain emotions from the public. 

1. Top 10 most attractive animated animals 

This article could possibly be my most out of pocket and controversial piece. Definitely not what you would expect to see on your school newspaper website but sometimes that’s what draws people in. I have no regrets for putting Gill from “Finding Nemo” in the number one spot; he deserves all good things that come to him. 

1. Jazzy Joseph Johnston

My favorite personal spotlight I’ve done is of Joseph Johnston. The interview process was nice because he answered every question with such detail and spunk. You just instantly know what kinda vibe he has with the words you’re reading. Not to mention he’s such a Jazzy fellow and his name just happened to start with J. 

1. Carl Poppa 

My dog Carl is such a big part of my life, it was only right that I spotlighted him for a change. It was so much fun to include personal things about him cause he is such a mutt, and it was really easy to emphasize that. I also took on a little photo shopping endeavor to create him a 1980s retro majestic head shot. 

1. Top 10 modern day classic films

I think about the films that really define society a lot, and what films will my children look back on and say wow. It is really important to capture art in such a way that it’s still relevant in society 40 years later. There was a unique picking of movies for that list, ranging from coming of age, to biopics, and musicals which provided for a good variety of entertainment. 

1. Gentle Parenting genuinely backfires

There’s nothing I love more than correcting delusional millennial parenting. I thought this article was really interesting because it shows how children are evolving with new generations, but it’s having negative effects. Maybe in 10 years, I can look back on this article to confirm if Gen-X are normal people or not. 

1. What Sigma male you are based on your zodiac sign

I had so much fun writing this article. It was released under a different name (Horoscope Heartthrobs), so it was a anonymous post you cannot find under my official account. The reason why I wanted to include it is because it was really relevant with what was popular in the media and it showed that you can experiment with so many concepts in writing. 

1. Baby Gender Bombs 

This was the first time I dove more into a bit of sarcasm with the phenomenon of gender reveal parties. I find that it is such a bizarre thing that is so dangerous and so commonly performed. I also include real life stories of people who have had bad experiences with the gender reveals creating a contrast with joking sarcasm. 

1. Damsel 

“Damsel,” a fantasy film, is the only solo movie review I have on this list. You can really see the growth I’ve had as a review writer compared to the first few movies I rated. I enjoy how this movie was perfect to review. It had just come out, there were good and bad things to recognize, but also it was great for pointing out how the movie had potential. 

1. Monster cereal makes a spooky return 

Dare I say this is my favorite article. It stands out to me because of the uniqueness it has amongst all the others. It also gives a little bit of lore to something that people find so much joy in already in the Halloween season. The video ad, with the informative article, and even the survey really just put everything together nicely.