• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

‘Soul’ a life-changing movie

In this movie the main character, Joe Gardener (Jamiee Foxx), a music teacher goes through the cycle of life and after being offered a performance of a lifetime, he had an untimely death. He spends his time in the afterlife as a soul. Joe did not want to lose his chance, so he found his way out of the afterlife after he ran into 22 (Tina Fey). Twenty-two is a rebellious soul who refused to enter into a body, and has yet to find her spark.

This movie has an inspiring message that is incredibly eye opening. The message is to realize that life has meaning that goes beyond personal ambition. The movie’s storyline shows that you can be really good at what you do, but after it is accomplished the most memorable part is the process that was taken. “Soul” portrayed the importance of life and appreciating the small things in life.

The storyline of the movie was somewhat based on a real music teacher named Peter Archer. The building of the character Joe Gardener took about two years. The budget for the movie was $150 million.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who has trouble finding themselves. This movie is appropriate for all ages and is produced very well. The rating for this movie is PG. To describe the film I would say that it is eye-opening, heartwarming, and funny. I would rate this movie 5/5 stars.