Taylor Swift makes concert experience more accessible

‘Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour’ hits the big screen, giving every Swiftie the opportunity to take part in her notorious Eras Tour

Over the past couple years, Taylor Swift has undoubtedly taken the music industry by storm. Whether she is releasing brand new music or sharing her re-recorded “Taylor’s Version” albums, Swift has yet to fail her devoted Swifties and the generalized media. However, her biggest project of 2023, and possibly her entire career, is her infamous Eras Tour.

After many Swifties were heartbroken over not being able to purchase tickets because of financial insufficiency or the infamous Ticketmaster Crash of November 2022, Swift managed to find a way for all of her fans to experience the tour, whether it is in person or not. On October 13, 2023, “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” made its debut on big screens across the country. 

“Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour,” directed by Sam Wrench, is a “cinematic rendering” of Taylor Swift’s “The Eras Tour” concert at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, capturing the essence of the entire show for Swifties all over America who either did not get a chance to go see the concert in real life or returning Swifties who are longing to relive their experience. As expected by many, the film has been an absolute success, earning $178.8 million in the box office. This is not the first time Swift has done something like this, though. On December 31, 2018, Netflix released a film adaptation of Swift’s Reputation Stadium Tour. As of right now it is undecided whether or not “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour ” will air on any streaming platforms, but it is speculated that it probably will at some point due to its overwhelming popularity. 

The film itself is well-deserving of its “Cinematic Masterpiece” title. It not only highlights Swift’s beautiful vocals, but also the attention to detail that was put into every set, costume, choreography and visual that was portrayed. It is extremely apparent that a lot of time, planning and effort went into the show. Also, the adaptation not only credits Swift for her incredible performance, but also her dancers, band, directors, managers, etc. The experience is truly hard to put into words because of the articulate design of the entire show. The mastermind that is Taylor Swift, along with her team definitely should not go unrecognized. 

The only considerable issue that was able to be picked out from the film is that some of the songs that were performed live at the show were not featured in the movie. To be realistic, though, the concert itself is well over three hours long and most people do not have the attention span to sit in a theater and watch that long. It still is a little bit disappointing to notice, but it was done with logical reasoning. 

Additionally, as someone who was fortunate enough to have seen the show in real life, “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” put the entire show in a completely different perspective. Being at the actual show, it is difficult to take the experience in completely because of the overwhelming excitement and nerves. However, being able to sit down and actually watch the show up close was on a whole different level and made me, personally, appreciate the performance much, much more.

In conclusion, “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” was a beyond-beautiful film. This movie has well earned its rating of 5/5 stars. I would without a doubt recommend this film adaptation to any Taylor Swift fan because every single one of them deserves to be a part of the breathtaking experience of The Eras Tour, whether they were able to attend or not.