• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Fortnite Update (12/8/23)

Lego, Rocket Racing, and Festival

The new Fortnite update consisted of Lego Fortnite, Rocket Racing, and Fortnite Festival.

Lego Fortnite is basically just Minecraft merged with Fortnite. It is a survival mode and you try to build up a Village with some friends and you can hire Fortnite skins that are around the map for your Village. The goal is to build up a big village and try to explore the entire map and see how advanced you can get your village to become. I would give this game mode a 3/5, it just wasn’t for me. I just didn’t really like how it was set-up and it is kind of hard to be good at it.

Fortnite Rocket Racing is basically exactly how it sounds. You race cars and the better you do in the races, the more you rank up. The more you rank up, the competition gets better and better. There are very many race tracks that you can race in. It chooses randomly so you never know what map you’re going to be racing in until it starts. There is boost and drifting: the boost you would think you would want to use immediately, but that’s not the case. You want to be pretty strategic with when you decide to use the boost. I would give this game mode a good 4/5 because I like racing and it was pretty fun overall. You could race against your friends and it was just an overall good game mode.

Lastly Fortnite Festival is basically Guitar Hero but with a controller. It is pretty hard but it is fun. It is just you have to be very quick in your head with what button to press, so it is difficult. If you get the hang of it though it is not that bad. It also has a lot of different songs you can do. It is easier to do with a slow song, it just gives you more time to think and press whatever button it wants you to. I would give it a 3/5 because it is pretty hard to be good at, but it is fun with a slower song because then it sounds good and more satisfying when you are able to get better scores and just be better at it overall.

Overall score for the update: 3.5/5