Susan the super mom

Susan the super mom

Rachael Hajec, Editor

Susan Upton is not only a mother but a wife, aunt, cousin, sister, crocheter, top notch baker, and an overall inspiration,. Susan was born on August 12, 1969, and grew up right here in Corry with three siblings. She graduated from Corry High School in 1987 and then went to Edinboro University to get her Bachelor’s Degree for Elementary Education. Some of her hobbies include golfing, taking walks, baking cookies, making blankets, planting flowers, playing card games, and spending time with her family. When asked if she always wanted to be a teacher she says, “No, well I guess I did actually! I really enjoyed helping kids and helping adults get their GED.”

Personally, some of her favorite subjects in school include all things math. “Math for sure, trigonometry, geometry, algebra, I loved it all!” Some of her favorite things outside of school are steak or spaghetti, the color blue, any Michael Jackson song, being surprised, and the Lord of the Rings movies, “All three of them, ‘Return of the King’ is probably my favorite though.”

When asked what she wants to do in the future she said, “I would really like to travel a lot and go to different countries because my mom always wanted to do that!” With this, her dream vacation would have to be to the Galapagos Islands. “I love sharks and I would love to swim with them and see all the rescue shelters there.”

If Susan had to pick an animal that represents her the most she said, “A sloth, haha, I don’t know…probably a lioness because they fight for their family, protect their children from all danger [just like she does with my brother Riley and I], and I am a Leo.”

Overall, her biggest pet peeve would be, “when people don’t help others and post negative things on social media.” (That’s very relatable, Mom.) Finally, since Susan has experienced high school and college, her best piece of advice would be, “Do your best and be proud of yourself for it. Make sure to always do what you want to do and pursue your dreams.”As her daughter these wise words from a strong mother will always ring in my ears and help me along the way as I continue on the path to my future.