Episode 4 of the Fallout Show: What is the Golden Rule?

Welcome back to the Wasteland, where the only thing more unpredictable than the weather is the plot of the Fallout TV series. Episode 4, named “The Golden Rule,” takes us on a journey that feels like a side quest you can’t skip because it’s just too darn interesting.

Lucy and Cooper (The Ghoul), The Dynamic Duo of the Desert. Our beloved Lucy and Cooper the Ghoul are back at it again, trekking across the wasteland like it’s a walk in the park. They stumble upon Raj at the Westside Medical Clinic, who’s teetering on the edge of going full feral. Then, for whatever reason, he looked like jerky to The Ghoul.

Meanwhile, back at the vault, Norm’s offhand comments have stirred the pot, and not in a good way. His status as the son of an Overseer isn’t doing him any favors, and he’s learning the hard way that words have consequences. In a heartwarming turn of events, he decides to play nice, serving Jell-O cake to the prisoners. Because nothing says “I’m sorry” like gelatinous dessert, or maybe… it’s poisoned???

Steph (A fellow vault dweller) is grappling with the loss of her husband, Bert. BUT just when she finds a glimmer of happiness, a leak in the vault threatens to rain on her parade. But hey, at least she’s making friends, literally.

Our heroes’ quest for life-saving medicine leads them to the Super Duper Mart, a place that’s super in name but less so in stock. It’s a throwback to that first scavenging experience in Fallout 3, where you’re hoping for a jackpot but mostly find junk, a few empty cans and some dirty water, woohoo. Luckily, they meet a new ally who’s a whiz with a stimpack and bandages, and fingers. Maybe even harvesting organs! Oh wait, that’s not good.

This episode was a filler episode more than anything, filled with weird script writing and even weirder scenes. Until next time where we talk about Episode 5!