• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Sudden Little Thrills music festival takes on Pittsburgh

A new music festival called Sudden Little Thrills is taking place in Pittsburgh on September 7-8 at Hazelwood Green. This is a really big deal because this is Pittsburgh’s first time hosting a festival on this scale. Chicago has Lollapalooza, LA has Coachella, and Miami has Roaring Loud, finally for what seems like the first time we’re getting a festival in the area that is on par with these established festivals.   

The festival will be spanning two days. Saturday the 7th, some of the big name artists headlining are The Killers, Melanie Martinez, Ethel Cain, and Crowded House. Following that line up on Sunday the 8th, SZA, Wiz Khalifa, Yung Gravy, and The Driver Era will be performing. 

Presale codes for getting tickets with the lowest prices were sent out Thursday, April 18. To register for presale follow the link in Sudden Little Thrills Instagram Bio and sign up for their text message thread. 

Though with all of this new excitement with a crazy event coming to the area, locals of Pittsburgh are upset that the huge EDM scene in Pittsburgh isn’t being reflected in the lineup. At the root of the controversy is that local Pittsburgh artists aren’t really being showcased and represented. But hey you can’t make everyone happy…