Next generation of DTTB dancers shine in Pittsburgh

The Dance to the Beat competition team competed in Pittsburgh, PA, at their second competition of the season. Everyone placed extremely well, but here is a spotlight on the new/younger dancers who made everyone at the studio extremely proud. 

Saturday morning the minis competed with their tap routine that included Sterling Fox, Gracie Benedict, Sawyer Martin, Frankie Goodwill, Harper Nichols, Scarlett Brown, Ellie Halfast, and Bailey Griswold. This routine received a platinum adjudication, placed seventh overall, and got an entertainment award.

The mini jazz dance with Teagan Wallace, Lydia Boucher, Leah Jackson,  Sterling Fox, Gracie Benedict, Sawyer Martin, Frankie Goodwill, Harper Nichols, Scarlett Brown, Ellie Halfast, and Bailey Griswold also did well. The jazz routine got platinum, first in category and first place overall, as well as an invitation to the World Dance Championship. This dance also was one of the three dances from the entire weekend to be nominated to represent the Nexstar Pittsburgh Regional Competition. There were over 350 routines this weekend, and they had the honor of being chosen out of all of these routines to be voted to be the face of Nexstar. Voting is open, so press this link, scroll and VOTE for “Emergency” to win! https://m.cmpgn.page/GdlTs5 

The petites competed shortly after the minis, and they also made all of DTTB proud. They had a jazz routine, a lyrical routine, and four solos. Their fun jazz dance with Avery McCray, Elise Boucher, Tenley Murphy, Madison Damcott, Camilla Whiteley, and Rylyn Gurdak placed third overall with platinum plus, and their lyrical dance got first place overall, a choreography award, an invitation to the rld dance championships, and Regional Champions. The soloists also did amazingly well, all besides one placed in the top ten, a scholarship was given out, and platinum and platinum plus were awarded. 

All of the dancers and dance parents are so proud of their newest generations of DTTB and happily showed their support. Some dance moms said, “Great job minis!! All of your hard work is paying off,” “They did so good!” and, “So fun to watch!!” The team will take this encouragement to continue practicing for their next competition on May 3, in Warren, OH.