Corry Esports enjoys competitive, educational field trip

Mr. McGinnity
From left to right: Elijah Silvia, Trysten Atkinson, Jaryn Lindstrom, Preston Cline, Sylas Bryan, Jayden Lindstrom, Griffin Dougherty, Jace McCray, Conner Vanco, Zachary Troyer, Gavin Patterson, Logan Donnell, Aspyn Simmons, Kayne Proctor, Savannah Dean, Aven Webber

Last week on Friday, March 1, the Corry Esports club went on an academic field trip to PennWest Edinboro to play “Super Smash Bros.” and “Rocket League” and attend a career event.

I asked a few students who attended the field trip how the experience was and what they learned.

Trysten Atkinson, a ninth-grade student, said that he enjoyed the experience and his favorite thing to learn was 3D modeling and learning new stuff about video games.

Sixth grader Griffin Dougherty said that he learned about entrepreneurship and that he made new friends. 

Freshman Aven Webber said that he thought the field trip was very fun and he also enjoyed the 3D modeling. 

Eleventh grade member Logan Donnell said that he learned how to set up an event and how to use the software shown. 

Lastly 11th-grader Connor Vanco, who is the club president, said that he learned that he is a competitive person. When asked about what he enjoyed the most about the field trip he said “We almost had it.” Connor meant that the “Smash Bros.” team almost won and brought home a plaque.