• May 6Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
  • May 6There is No School for Students this Friday, May 10 due to a teacher In-Service Day

Top 10 movies and shows from 2023

There was so much creativity throughout 2023, much of that creativity turned into magnificent movies and shows. Many of which altered the lives of so many people, and made a huge impact on people not only in America, but all across the world. With that being said, here is my personal list of my top 10 favorite movies and shows that were released in 2023.

10. The final season of “Riverdale” was released on March 23, 2023. The show first aired in 2017, running for 7 seasons. The show was very popular for the first few seasons and then slowly fell off as the seasons continued. I have always enjoyed Riverdale, but as the seasons have gone on I have enjoyed it less. Which is why this lands at 10 on my list.

9. The live action version of “The Little Mermaid” came out on May 8, 2023, starring Halle Bailey as Ariel. Although, I do believe that the movie was executed very well, it just was not my personal favorite and there were many others that I preferred over this movie.

8. Wonka the live action musical that came out at the end of 2023, starring Timothee Chalamet. The movie was quite entertaining, although personally i did not love it. I think that it was a good movie, very well written it was just not my preference for the genre. Which is why it is ranked at 7.

7. The second season of “Ginny & Georgia” in early 2023, the show first came out in 2021. The show instantly blew up among teenagers and everyone became very invested in it. I personally loved season 2, but I think that since it came out so early in the year that there were many other things released after that I enjoyed more.

6. “No Hard Feelings,” a comedy starring Jennifer Lawrence and Andrew Barth Feldman was a movie made for comedic relief. A purely entertaining movie that can make you laugh no matter what day you’re having. I really enjoyed this movie, but it was not the best, most memorable one I saw within the year.

5. “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” came out soon after her tour, which captured the attention of pretty much every girl on the planet. The movie is almost 3 hours long and really captures the tour, allowing people who did not get to see her live to feel as they did and allow the ones who saw it live to be able to re-live it. I was not able to see the concert live but I loved the movie, and will definitely watch it over and over again.

4. “After Everything” was the fifth and final film of the movie series. I have loved every one of these movies and as sad as I am that the series has come to an end, I have to say that this movie was my favorite from the series. This came close, but there were just 3 others I could not bring myself to rank under the top 3.

3. Over the summer of 2023 there was one movie that really blew up. “Barbie” starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling. The movie has such an important message that it is executed so beautifully. The movie was meant to show women that they are more than what they portray. This movie affected many people, many women across the world and I personally enjoyed it very very much.

2. The Netflix show “My Life With the Walter Boys” blew up right at the end of 2023, following into the new year. The show was about a young girl who lost her family and had to move in with her mom’s best friend from college, who happened to have a house full of teenage boys. The show quickly grasped my attention and I instantly loved it. I cannot wait for season two to come out and this show will definitely be one I re-watch over and over again.

1. My most favorite piece of art I saw in 2023 was “Priscilla,” a film that starred Cailee Spaeny and Jacob Elordi. The film showed Priscilla’s point of view on her life, and showed a lot of people the true pain she experienced. A beautiful, heart wrenching film that could not have been written or directed any better. This film will forever be one of my favorites.