• May 6Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
  • May 6There is No School for Students this Friday, May 10 due to a teacher In-Service Day

Michigan wins national championship game

Monday January 8, the Michigan Wolverines took on the Washington Huskies in Houston. Michigan came out victorious with a dominant 34-13 final score. This was their first National Championship since 1997.

By the second quarter Michigan had a lead of 17-3. Washington responded, however, with two scores. The game then became a one-point difference. That quickly changed when Michigan’s quarterback, J.J. McCarthy, began to step up his game. He had a total of 140 passing yards and had his longest carry all season, with a total of 22 yards.

Michigan was ecstatic at their victory and perfect 15-0 record. Head coach Jim Harbaugh commented in an interview the following day how he was, “…really happy, excited.” He then credited players and noted how proud he was of “our guys for coming out on top.”

Though the the season may have ended, preparations for next season have already begun. Many fans await anxiously to see the outcome of the next National Championship.