Moore makes PVCA All State Team

Moore makes PVCA All State Team

Corry junior MaKenna Moore is now a member of the All-State Volleyball Team, recognized by the PVCA (Pennsylvania Volleyball Coaches Association).

Moore says she feels very honored and happy to have made this accomplishment and that her team was a big part of her being able to do so, “I’m also very proud of my team’s accomplishments not only my own,” Moore said, giving her team a heartfelt shout out.

MaKenna Moore has been pursuing her volleyball career since she was in the fourth grade. Moore has been playing Varsity for the Corry Lady Beavers since her freshman year. Playing the position of the DS her freshman year, outside hitter her sophomore year and libero her junior year.

MaKenna’s Sophomore year she made 1st Team All Region and 1st Team All District. As well as beating the school’s single season ace record held at 81 aces, which Moore beat finishing the season with 99 aces. Makenna moved positions from being a full time hitter to a passer, having to learn to adjust to the new rules. As the season went on,  she became more and more comfortable and began to thrive in the libero position.

The Corry Volleyball team finished their 2023 fall season ranked ninth in the state, allowing many players to get recognized for their amazing efforts and performances, and allowing Moore to be able to showcase her skills on the court throughout the season.

“My hopes for next season are to win regionals, win districts and win states,” Moore stated about how she hopes her senior season will go.