‘Sharkboy and Lavagirl’ need a remake

Adventures of Sharkboy and Lava Girl is a production created in 2005. It is rated as a PG film, with rude humor and mild action. The film is based on Max’s (Cayden Boyd) dream. In this production, the audience gets to experience thrilling, adventurous, and life-threatening events that the main characters are put through in order to defeat Mr. Electricidad. Sharkboy and Lavagirl are a figment of Max’s imagination. Sharkboy lost his father one day after a terrible storm, and was raised with a group of great white sharks. Lavagirl on the other hand was a subject to amnesia, and has trouble remembering her backstory. This is something that she wishes Max would help her figure out, so she can understand herself better.

The budget for this movie was only 50 million dollars. The film uses anaglyph 3D technology to make the effects seen throughout. A lot of people find the graphics of this movie to be done very poorly. I find the effects to be humorous, and it makes me enjoy the movie a lot more. An iconic film to say the least. It takes us through Max’s dream, while he is in search to find his dream journal. I really enjoyed Mr. Electricidad (George Lopez). He was the antagonist in this movie, and he still brought a lot of the humor. He plays his role as the villain very well. He takes the lead, and puts the three main characters through some very detrimental events. He is ultimately defeated, along with the other villain Minus. Who is Max’s real life enemy named Linus.

The music in this movie was not as prevalent, but when the opportunity presented itself the production came through. My favorite song done in this movie was “Max’s Dream.” In this song Sharkboy and Lavagirl are trying to help Max dream them out of a bad situation. Max had all of the control in this alternative world, so when they are put into a bad situation, it is often up to Max to get them out. This song also shows how aggressive Sharkboy can get with Max. “Max’s Dream” is a very popular song that is still used very frequently. People tend to remix the song on TikTok and other platforms, like Instagram.

Overall, I think that this movie was not created with the full potential it had. I would like to see a remake of this film. Along with that I would recommend this movie to people of all ages. Even though the graphics are not good, this movie is a classic and is well known, along with being very addicting. Altogether I would rate this movie 2.5 stars out of 5.