Swifties, meet football

Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift

Singer Taylor Swift had been rumored to be seeing NFL tight end Travis Kelce since July of this past summer when she hosted a concert in Kansas City. Kelce was “shooting his shot” when he said he told news sources he was trying to give Swift a friendship bracelet. 

Swifties and Chiefs fans let go of this possible fling, until Taylor was seen last Sunday in Kansas City at the Chief’s vs Bears game. She wasn’t just at the game, but she was sitting in the suite with “Mama Kelce,” Travis’ mom. She was chatting it up with his family and friends, while cheering hard for every play. 

After the game, the pair was seen leaving the stadium together and driving off in Travis’ convertible. Taylor was sitting on Travis’ lap at an after party, and the photos and videos from this day had the entire internet going crazy. 

The couple immediately became the most trending topic everywhere. They were the highest trending topic on Twitter, they appeared on every news outlet and channels, brands were referencing the two, the hashtag #travisandtaylor gained 57.8 million views on TikTok, etc. 

Angry and bitter hardcore Chiefs fans are hating the fact that Taylor is the new talk of the NFL. They cannot deny facts, however. After the sighting last week, Travis Kelce’s jersey sales went up 400%, he gained 500,000 Instagram followers, Chiefs ticket sales raised 175%, and the Chiefs game following the relationship launch became the second-highest selling NFL game. Swifties will do whatever they can to get a chance to have a view of Taylor, and this is definitely a good thing for the NFL. 

Swifties think this is marriage material. There have been so many signs and coincidences that make fans believe the two are bound to be together forever. For example, Travis was born on Taylor’s grandmother’s birthday (who she has dedicated many songs to), they were both born in 1989 (she usually dates guys a different age), a lyric in “Mary’s Song” says, “I’ll be 87,you’ll be 89.” This is relevant because 87 is Travis’ football number, and 89 is her birth year. Another song “Daylight” says, “I once believed love would be burning red, but it’s golden.” The importance of this is that red and gold are the team colors. Not to mention, Taylor’s favorite football team has always been the Philadelphia Eagles, which is the team Travis’ brother, Jason Kelce, plays for. 

After the entire country was bombarded with Taylor and Travis, everyone was wondering if she would make another appearance at their next game, which was yesterday. Or, was this just a one time thing? Luckily for the hardcore shippers, and the Swifties that made an effort to go to this game, she did! She was seen back in the suite with family members and friends.

Will the iconic duo be seen again shortly? Stay tuned for more updates coming about the couple throughout the football season.