Annual Activity Day blows Corry students away

Kylynn Deane, Reporter

The yearly and fun “Activity Day” at our school took place Friday, June 2. Students look forward to this fun-filled day every school year. They have a variety of activities to choose from every year. 

The day started with the high school students having an assembly. The freshman/sophomore assembly was full of student awards and games. The junior/senior assembly contained student awards, scholarships, sports scholarships and recognition, Global Media short films, the iconic senior slideshow, and more. Students were released to go eat lunch before spending the day playing games and enjoying themselves.  The special sides served for activity day in the cafeteria were cupcakes, cookies, and watermelon.

Outside, the school offered popcorn, snow cones, inflatable obstacle courses, water balloons, a dunk tank, softball games, tennis, pickle ball, and taking place inside was the highly anticipated dodge ball tournament. Not to mention, Mr. Potocki was the school’s own personal DJ. Students had the option to watch the entertaining and laughable tournament, and a lot of them did. The winning team was “OPL” which contained Jon Albers, Ashton Mineo, Caleb Daniels, Drew Kuzma, Brant Xander, and Jacob Swartzfager. They started losing and then came back for a great win. What also was great to watch, was the staff team. The students all had an advantage on them but they did put up a great fight and had fun.

Everyone was lucky enough for a nice and hot day. Water stations were located around the activities outside to help calm the heat. Many students have said it was a great way to end the year, it had some of the best activities, and that this was the best fun day they were involved in. A huge thank you to Ms. Pound and Mrs. Walls for their time and dedication to put together this amazing day.