Studious Siarra

Studious+Siarra

Skylar Beckford, Reporter

Siarra Culver is a senior who attends Corry Area High School. She is one creative person, and she spends a lot of her time doing what she loves most: art, of course! Her favorite hobby currently is crocheting, and it is no exaggeration to say that she is very good at it.

With graduation right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about after school plans. Siarra wants to get a job, so she can save up some money. Of course, with this came the big question: “Do you plan on getting a higher education?” Yes! In fact, she will be attending Great Lakes in Erie to become an ultrasound technician.

Not only is it nice to look to the future, but sometimes it’s good to look back on the past and reflect on your past experiences. So, I asked Siarra about what it’s been like going to Corry High. She says, “High school was okay. I have always had good grades, so I’ve never worried much.”

I also asked her if she had noticed any changes in herself over the last few years, and her response is interesting: “Yes, I have noticed changes. I feel more mature now.”

Siarra also seems to be very ecstatic for graduation, exclaiming, “I am excited because it’s the next step into the right direction for me!”

I wanted to end the interview with something that people can read and relate to, so I asked for her most important piece of advice. Siarra said, “Focus on school more than being popular. Those people won’t care once you graduate. But your grades matter, trust me!” What a motivating message for students everywhere.