Remembering Sharon Kay Crandall

Remembering Sharon Kay Crandall

Sharon Kay Crandall, a former paraprofessional and beloved mentor, passed away on Friday, April 19, 2024, at 64 years old. Described as a very “caring woman” by former colleagues and students, Crandall will forever be remembered and missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing her. 

Crandall was born on February 8, 1957, in Meadville to her loving parents, the late Thomas and Marilyn (Harris) McQueeney. 

Sharon was raised and educated in Union City alongside her two sisters, Cathy (Ed) Varish and Karen Proper, as well as her two brothers, Larry (Peg) McQueeney and Gary (Denise) McQueeney. Sharon graduated from Union City High School in 1975. After graduation, she married Terry Crandall on August 16, 1975 in her hometown. She then went on to work for Corry Area School District for 32 years, retiring in 2021. 

Sharon Crandall developed a strong relationship with God at an early age and spent her life serving her church, Corry Missionary Alliance Church in Corry, in various capacities. She loved God, her family and helping people. She was strongly committed to the church and his kingdom right up until the end. 

Sharon is survived by her husband, Terry Crandall;  two daughters, Faith (Terry) Winkelbauer and Destiny Crandall; two sisters, Cathay (Ed) Varish and Karen Proper; two brothers, Larry (Peg) McQueeney and Gary (Denise) McQueeney; and brother-in-law, Gary Crandall.

She is also survived by her three grandchildren, Teresa (Bradley) Peters, Kaitlyn (Josh) Sadler and Macaila Nichols; and several nieces and nephews.