Remembering Jill Sproveri

Remembering Jill Sproveri

On February 4, 2024, the Corry education community lost 62-year-old Jill Sproveri. She passed peacefully in her home, her husband and children by her side. Jill had called Corry her home for a very long time. Being born in Corry on December 18 of 1961, and graduated from Corry High School in 1979. 

She would soon marry her husband, Frank Sproveri, 4 years later on June 11, 1983. She found daily joy in the students and co-workers in her 30 year career spent working within the Corry School District. She was a Paraprofessional, providing support and service to many students. 

In Jill’s free time, she enjoyed outdoor activities like kayaking, and going for walks. Also, she enjoyed helping the community with selling tickets for Corry basketball games and wrestling matches. On Thursday evenings, she would find herself with her “glass class ladies” group, where they would practice the art of stain glass making. 

Left behind was her husband Frank, who had cherished 40 years of marriage together. Also, parting with her three sons Joe, Nick, and Alex. She is survived by her siblings Bill, John, Peg, Pat, and Gerri. The family would like to give a special thanks to the nursing staff from Community Nursing Services for providing care that was loving and comforting during Jill’s time at home. 

May she be remembered for her impact on the students, help in Corry township, and school districts. Jill was a daughter, wife, mother, and grandmother. She will be missed and forever remembered by her loved ones and the Corry community.