The big test

The big test

It was a Sunday night. I was studying for the big geometry test that we’ve been doing homework and in-class assignments for preparation. I studied from 9-11 p.m., and then went to bed. I woke up and studied a little bit more on my car ride to school. I was ready for the test, or so I thought.

I put my stuff in the room, went to my locker, got breakfast, and got back to class ready for the test. I put my stuff under my desk as the teacher handed out the test, with just a calculator and a pencil left on it. The teacher gave me the test, and I cruised past the first page.

The second page also seemed pretty easy for me, and I only got stuck on one question. The third page was the hardest at the time of the test. I managed to get through it, but I still had two pages left with only nine minutes to fill them out. This was when it all went down hill. I started rushing to finish, not knowing that we would be allowed to stay after to finish it. Then the teacher announced that if we were not going to be able to finish to go to the back of the class to finish.

The only problem was that we were going to get only 10 minutes of the second period to finish it. I quickly erased all my answers that I rushed through or didn’t feel confident in, and switched them. I turned in my test and went on with my day. I was happy with how I thought I did. A day went by and the teacher still didn’t put in the grade; that was until sixth period where I checked and saw my grade drop.

I saw the test was graded, and I quickly glanced over at my score. I got a 56/83. I was upset with how I did, but now I know to not panic and rush through a test if I want a better outcome.

cf