• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Corry Beavers vs. Franklin Knights

A player’s perspective

On Wednesday, January 24 the Corry Beavers played the Franklin Knights.

At the start of the game Franklin wins the tip, so they get the ball first. The game didn’t start off bad at all until Franklin decided to go on a very long run that put them up an uncomfortable amount. By the end of the first quarter the score was 27-14. In the first quarter the Beavers were not hitting very many shots but Franklin was hitting just about everything.

Halfway through the second quarter and we are just going back to back with points, but we are still a little off with our shots. By the end of the half we cut the lead down to eight points. So we did a lot better in the second half with stopping them more on defense and doing a little better on the offensive side. We did a lot better with holding them to 12 points in the second quarter, while in the first quarter they had 27 points. Once again both teams were going back and forth with points, Franklin just scored a little bit more than us in the quarter. At the end of the third quarter the Beavers were trailing the Knights by 11 points.

To start off the fourth quarter Cameron Ricketts got a charge to give the Beavers the ball. Later in the fourth quarter we start making threes like crazy and make it a two-point game. Sadly the time was running out so Franklin could just hold onto the ball and run the clock out. We had to foul to try to get it back, but they got to shoot free throws and that put them up three more points, so we lost.