• May 6Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
  • May 6There is No School for Students this Friday, May 10 due to a teacher In-Service Day

Corry wrestlers dominate Eisenhower dual

The Corry Beavers wrestling team had their first dual against Eisenhower Wednesday, December 13. Middle school started wrestling around 5:30, with Varsity following at 7. Middle school won against Eisenhower, and the high school team came out dominant with a final team score of 64-6.

During every dual, the high school team runs through a banner and takes to the mat, where they warm up with a practice partner. And each time, they play a song to get them ready for their matches. Last night’s song, however, had fans either scratching their heads, tapping their foot, or smiling as they sang along. For their warm-up song, the wrestlers picked none other than “Party In The U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus. To say they made an interesting first impression would be an understatement. The tactic worked, though, because not only were the fans caught off-gaurd, so were their opponents.

The dual started out at 121 pounds, which featured team captain and senior, Logan Hodak. Hodak beat his opponent, Griffin Williams with an 11-3 major decision. He helped the Beavers start out strong with a 4-0 lead.

As the dual progressed through the weight classes, Steven Willis came out with a second period pin, Marcus Meredith a first period pin, Isaiah Bayle a quick first period pin as well, Will Allen a forfeit, Cody Proper a decision, Mason Savitz a pin, Landon Nickerson a forfeit, Kael Albers a pin, Owen Nickerson a forfeit, Logan Willis a decision, and Wyatt Swan a pin to end the night.

The wrestlers will travel to Titusville next Tuesday where they will face the Rockets in their second dual meet. Thursday they will host Youngsville on Corry’s senior night. If you are free head on out and support the team. Start times for both varsity matches will be 7 p.m.