Corry’s Track Senior Night

Corry High Celebrates their Track Seniors
JAC Sports Photography

On Tuesday,  Corry’s track team celebrated their seniors at their last home meet for the 2024 season. Not only was it senior night, but it was also their last home meet. They went against the Meadville Bulldogs, and the girls won 95.5-45.5. The boys lost 68-78.

The senior night festivities started at the end of the meet around 6:30 p.m. Each senior was called out onto the field with their parents on each side and they got announced. In total this year there were 13 seniors on the track team.

The seniors on the girls team are: Camryn Fox, Haeleigh Bayle, Sara Colwell, Emma Smith, Keira Knight, and Gabby Troyer. Then for the boys team: Tavon Kornikoski, Jack Halberg, Hayden Tomcho, Fabian Fourspring, Carter Linden, Jacob Sproveri, and Logan Hodak.

The senior girls events consist of: Fox runs the 4×400, 4×800, 400m, 800m, and long jump. Bayle runs the 4x400m, 4×800, 800m, 3200m and 1600m. Colwell throws shot put, discuss, and javelin. Knight throws shot put, discuss, and javelin. Smith also throws shot put, discuss, and javelin. Troyer throws the shot put, discuss, and javelin.

The senior boys events consist of: Kornikoski runs the 4×800, 1600m, and the 3200m. Halberg throws shot put, discuss and javelin. Tomcho runs the 200m, 100m, 4×100 and throws shot put. Fourspring runs 4×800, 1600m, and 3200m. Linden runs the 400m, 4×400, 800m, and 4×800. Sproveri 110m hurdle, and 300m hurdle. Hodak runs the 100m, and throws javelin.