• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

What Barbie movie you are based on your zodiac sign

A character that has grown up with many children today would be Barbie. Specifically the Barbie animated movie franchise that had a global impact. Each delivers a new and magical story for you to be entertained by. Many adults today still like to go back and reminisce about these films, even if some bits are sillier than they initially remembered. What Barbie animated movie do you think you would be based on your zodiac sign?

“Princess Charm School” – Aries 

Blair is the main character of “Princess Charm School.” She’s not very fortunate, helping her mother pay bills with a waitress job at a coffee shop. Her younger sister enters her into a free enrollment competition at the Princess Charm School and Blair’s name is pulled from the bunch. At the school, Blair uncovers a secret that is being hidden by the school’s dean Dame Devin. Aries have much in common with Blair as they are both curious and risk-takers. They wouldn’t be afraid to break the rule, or rather bend them.

“Rapunzel” – Taurus

This Barbie rendition of “Rapunzel” is much like the story you know: she is trapped in a tower by an evil possessive witch. This time the tower is guarded by a dragon, seeming impossible to make an escape. After discovering a secret entrance under the tower, Rapunzel enters an entire kingdom. She is curious and resourceful, finding a way to bring together two kingdoms and escaping her captivity in the tower by the witch. Rapunzel also learns to find some love along the way.

“12 Dancing Princesses”  – Gemini

“12 Dancing Princess” fits most with the character traits of Gemini. Twelve sisters are torn from their passion of dancing when an evil stepmother, Rowena, moves in and forbids it. Despite her demands, their outgoing and curious personalities keep them coming back to a magical world gilded with golden instruments where they can continue to dance. The sisters aren’t fooled so easily, though, and they sense that Rowena is up to no good, while their widowed father continues to grow more sick. They use their intelligence and wit to overcome the sabotage. 

“The Diamond Castle” – Cancer

The true importance of friendship is known by a Cancer, treating the ones they care about most like family. In the story “The Diamond Castle,” two peasant girls, Liana and Alexa, without much to spare, find their way on a journey to discover the diamond castle. They are led there by Melody, and a girl they found stuck in a small mirror that caught their attention by signing. She informs them that the sorceress Lydia plans on destroying music. Together they are able to challenge this evil plan with music and the loyalty that comes with friendship.

“A Mermaid Tale” – Leo

Leo’s thrive in the most sunny time of the year. Beaches with warm sand and summer sun usually come to mind. If Leos were a Barbie movie they would be “A Mermaid Tale.” This tale follows talented surfer Merliah Summers, discovering more about her mother’s origins after her hair turns pink and she’s confronted by a talking pink sparkly dolphin. Merliah discovers that she is half human and half mermaid. Using her mermaid magic she defeats an evil mermaid queen and restores her mother’s monarchy. Merliah has much in common with this sign because she is competitive, loyal, and shows natural leadership skills.  

“A Fairy Secret” – Virgo

Barbie in “A Fairy Secret” is a celebrity who is taken away to a fairy world when her boyfriend Ken is kidnapped by fairies in broad daylight. With the help of her two secret fairy assistants and rival Raquell, they travel to save Ken. Barbie shows a very strong and realistic personality in this story, being naturally kind, but also having stress. Thankfully, she eases that stress when she and Raquell discover the magic of friendship and use it to save Ken. Virgo’s would match the energy of the movie well with their quick thinking and humble approach. 

“The Island Princess” – Libra

Libra’s would be “The Island Princess,” a story about a girl named Rosella, being shipwrecked and abandoned on an island since she was a little girl. She’s lived on the island ever since, surrounding herself with various animals that became her family. One day, Prince Antonio lands on the island, meeting Rosella, taking her back to civilization and bringing her animal friends along. The reason this movie fits Libras is because they are typically friendly and peaceful. Just like the prince, many people are captivated by Libra’s beauty. 

“Barbie and the Three Musketeers” – Scorpio

Scorpios are the ambitious, strong, and intense personalities in a crowd of people. In the story “Barbie and the Three Musketeers,” Corinne wants to follow in her father’s footsteps of becoming a musketeer, a job that requires skill and bravery to protect the French royal family. Corinne forms a group of strong girls that will join together to help her save prince Louis from Philippe, the villain of the story. Corrine embodies Scorpios with her intense skill and secretive attack plans. 

“The Princess and the Popstar” – Sagittarius

“The Princess and the Popstar” is about two girls who dream of trading lives. Keira is a popstar, and Victoria a princess. They switch their appearances with Keira’s magic microphone and Victoria’s magic hairbrush. Throughout their endeavors of saving a magic kingdom from two evil men, they realize it is best to accept themselves for who they are. These characters are both bold individuals and personalities, also having a charming hold on the people who look up to them. 

“Swan Lake” – Capricorn

Capricorns are responsible and brave individuals. In the film “Swan Lake,” Odette is forced to be responsible and brave after she is turned into a swan by an evil overtaker of the enchanted forest, Rothbart. The Dancer is able to remain in her human form at night, but stuck as a swan in the day. Odette is doubting that she will be able to plan a way to restore the Fairy Queen’s power. With the help of her new forest friends and Prince Daniel, she gains the confidence to overcome and defeat Rothbar and his evil daughter Oldile. 

“A Fashion Fairytale” – Aquarius

In this Fairytale, Barbie has been fired from her acting job and only soon after broken up with by her boyfriend Ken. She travels to Paris hoping to get her spirits up by visiting her aunt Millicent. Millicent is a fashion designer, but she has lost income and plans to close her lines of design. Barbie doesn’t accept this, though, and is able to give a fashion show that might save her aunt’s fashion with the help of fairies and friends. An Aquarius could relate to this because of their creativity and artistry, much like how Barbie created “A Fashion Fairytale.” 

“Princess and the Pauper” – Pisces

“Princess and the Pauper ” is about two girls, one a princess and one less fortunate, who come together and discover how alike they truly look. When Princess Anneliese is kidnapped, Erika, her look-alike, goes on a mission to rescue her. Pisces would do the same for any of their friends who were kidnapped, showing their devotion they have for friendship. They are also easily influenced; it didn’t take much convincing for Erika to set out on a journey for her long lost twin, even though she only had the status of a baker’s daughter.