Top 10 Christmas scents

Top 10 Christmas scents

As it is getting closer to the Christmas season it is about time to put out Christmas candles, hand soaps, perfumes, etc. These scents can be anywhere from crazy sweet scents to subtle natural scents. Christmas scents have a way of making everyone feel the spirit in the air. Some people enjoy certain scents over others. Here is my top 10 list of my favorite Christmas scents.

10. Pine/Fir- I do not like the smell of pine or fir at all. I personally think that it smells too strong most of the time and even worse when there’s an extra scent added on to make it smell “better.” This candle especially makes me sick and it does not make me feel anything related to Christmas. I don’t think this should be a Christmas scent either.

9. Clove- Clove doesn’t smell very good, especially if there is nothing added to make it smell better. It is not the worst smell but it is definitely not the best. It doesn’t get me in the Christmas spirit and I don’t believe it should be a Christmas scent.

8. Chestnuts- Chestnuts naturally don’t smell too good. This is one of the scents I am okay with, with a bunch of extra scent being added on to it. It smells so much better when there is a good amount of better scent on it. I do not enjoy this scent too much and it doesn’t give off the Christmas spirit.

7. Cranberry- Cranberry can be a very natural or sweet smell. I think it smells better naturally than it does when there’s a bunch of extra scent added on to it. The cranberry fruit itself smells very good. However, I don’t enjoy the candle of the Cranberry scent as much as others. I do think that it brings the scent of Christmas around.

6. Peppermint/Candy Cane- The scent of peppermint and candy cane isn’t too bad, but sometimes it can be too much depending how strong it is. I believe the best form of this scent is in candy and hand sanitizer. I do like the smell, but I wouldn’t enjoy a candle of it burning in my house.

5. Gingerbread- Gingerbread is one of the best scents to make your house feel and smell like Christmas. The natural smell of gingerbread cookies is amazing. Sometimes it’s even better when it is in a candle, hand sanitizer, etc. This scent fills your house with pure joy, but can be too spicy smelling sometimes.

4. Cinnamon- Cinnamon is a perfect scent when you are looking for something sweet and simple. The smell of cinnamon can also be used all year around, but something about it being used in the Christmas season is the best. This scent makes me feel cozy when the candles are burning in my home.

3. Hot Cocoa- Hot Cocoa has such a great smell and I believe there is no better time for the smell of it than Christmas time. Everything about this smell gives off the Christmas spirit. The candle scent is a perfect one to make your home smell so good and bring Christmas alive.

2. Vanilla- Vanilla has a very basic but amazing smell. The scent of vanilla is so simple and can be used all year around. I believe the best time for the vanilla scent has to be winter. Vanilla candles, perfume, hand soap, etc. make everything smell so good. I believe that this scent is better than most Christmas scents.

1. Sugar Cookie- Sugar Cookie belongs at the #1 spot because there is no better Christmas scent. The smell of sugar cookies immediately makes me think of Christmas. I believe that the sugar cookie scent is a perfect way to make your house smell good and like Christmas. I love the smell and taste of sugar cookies.