My experience at 13 Levels of Fear

My experience at 13 Levels of Fear

Two weekends ago was “Halloweekend,” and of course, as always, I waited until the last minute to do any Halloween-themed activities. My boyfriend Sky and I decided to head out to Ghost Lake’s 13 Levels of  Fear, a haunted attraction, and see how spooky it actually was. This attraction occurs every year, this year’s dates were Sept 22- Oct 29, Friday and Saturday 7 p.m.- 12 a.m., and Sunday 7 p.m.- 11 p.m.

First off, I had been hearing mixed reviews regarding the new setup compared to prior years. I honestly didn’t know what to expect though, as I am not one to judge before experiencing it myself.  From Corry the drive is about an hour, but it’s a pretty scenic view depending on the route you take. I had left to go to the attraction at about 9 o’clock that night; due to work I was unable to leave any earlier than that.

We arrived at the attraction at about 10, so this gave us two hours to walk around through each haunted house. Sky and I had entered and bought tickets, the first house we walked upon had a pretty long line, due to this we turned around and traded our tickets for fast passes. Don’t get me wrong: personally, I enjoy standing in lines, and I believe it makes the experience a little better because you get to experience all of the scare actors walking around and entertaining you while you’re in line. Also, standing in line gives you a break between each house. Though, since we were limited on time, fast passes were greatly appreciated.

Now I’m not going to go super in depth on the houses, but I will say I enjoyed some more than others.  They all had their mix of good and bad qualities. The actors never touch you, though one of the houses was so dark there were a few times they’d bump into us. One of the actors in another house took my beanie off of my head (this was startling), but I thought it was pretty funny. The scariest part to me was when we were walking through a house and someone gently grabbed my leg while we were stopped. Not enough to trip anyone since we were stopped and it was gentle. Having the fast passes made us able to get through all of the houses in around an hour, then we spent about half an hour in line on the roller coaster house due to it not having a fast pass line. I think the ride was my least favorite attraction, due to it being the same almost every year. My favorite attraction was one of the houses with many different rooms to explore, one being a room with a static TV and a huge animatronic monster. That one put me on edge in a thrilling way.

After we finished all of the houses we started walking towards the exit when we spotted a ring toss game for an assortment of knives. Let’s just say, we spent more money than needed to in that game, but we won some pretty cool things. One of the knives had a Spider-Man theme and the other had a snake and skull on it. The worker at the stand was really nice and funny. Actually, all of the workers in the park were extremely nice and accommodating. They made sure you didn’t get lost or let you know where certain lines were. There was also a food stand around there but we did not stop to try anything.

Overall, I think going to experience the attraction for yourself is worth it. Regardless of what others say before, don’t judge it without experiencing it. It wasn’t super scary, but it kept you on your toes. I feel it was made for teenagers and adults, though if your child is mature enough I’m sure they would enjoy it as well. I definitely recommend standing in the lines if you have time, but fast passes are so worth it for when you are limited on time.