• May 6Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
  • May 6There is No School for Students this Friday, May 10 due to a teacher In-Service Day

Corry High welcomes senior parking spots

This year Corry High allowed the seniors to paint their own parking spots. Recently, there was a spark on all social media platforms showing senior parking spots. After many discussions and going back and forth on the idea, they finally finalized senior parking spots for the class of 2024.

Each student had to pay a $30 spot fee. The school accepted both cash or check, by June 2, 2023. The school designated the back half of the parking lot to the senior class, as their choice for their parking spots was first come first serve. There were two designated days to paint your spot, August 9 and August 23. The students get their spot all to themselves until the end of the school year. Their spots will have to be covered with a flat black paint on June 2 or June 4, 2024. If the students do not paint over their spots then they will owe a $20 paint fee at graduation checkout with the senior class advisor.

Each design had to be approved by Mrs. Audet before the student was allowed to begin painting their spot. There were some criteria involving the parking spots: there was no offensive language or gang symbols allowed, no double meanings, no nicknames of any sort- only first names allowed, and your design had to be school appropriate. The students were also informed of the materials that would be needed, and a list of painting tips.

We would like to thank the safe-line program for bringing this opportunity to our school, and we hope that students will be able to enjoy this for many years to come.