• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

‘We’ll never have sex’ by Leith Ross, lyrical deep dive

Most songs have deeper meanings than they present up front. You must really listen to the words and tone to understand what the underlying story is. “We’ll never have sex” by singer-songwriter Leith Ross has a melody that may seem sad to most people, but the song talks about the sweetness of real love.

“Depollute me, pretty baby

Suck the rot right out of my bloodstream”

The bloodstream is poisoned from a previous relationship. She is realizing that this person is trying to fix another’s wrong doing. Take the poison from me and replace it with love.

“It was simple, it was sweetness

It was good to know”

There were no catches to the affection being shown to her. It feels nice to know that their intentions are good.

“If I said you could never touch me

You’d come over and say I looked lovely”

If she said no, they would simply listen. That is all she has ever wanted. They are not trying to get anything more out of her. They don’t want her body or to use her for anything. They truly care deeply for her.

The whole point of this song is to show that there are people out there that only want the best for you. A partner that cares and sees you as another human being. Not just some toy that they can take advantage of. Being held without worrying about repercussions.

“Are they going to ask me for something more?”

You will find a person that will never make you feel like that.