Opinion: U.S. banning TikTok

Opinion: U.S. banning TikTok

TikTok is a social media platform where people post, like, comment, and share videos. TikTok has over one billion monthly active users, and a lot of influencers got fame from TikTok. TikTok has been downloaded more than 4.1 billion times. The House of Representatives passed legislation for the ban; the options are to either find someone to buy the app or have a U.S. nationwide ban.

TikTok is possibly getting banned because it is a Chinese owned app. The U.S. government is scared that the Chinese government is going to take our data and information.  

My opinion on the ban is that I don’t think it should happen. TikTok hasn’t caused harm against anyone, the app can help people’s feelings feel more valid. This app has a lot of different genres of videos. You can learn many things on TikTok– some of it may be false but everyone hears false information in their lifetime from different people on apps, it’s your decision if you want to believe it or not. 

My personal experience on TikTok has been very good: TikTok has taught me life skills, facts that could save my life if needed, etc. If parents don’t want their kids to be on TikTok, then they should ban their kids from it, the whole U.S. shouldn’t be getting banned from the app. The app is 18+ for a reason.