‘The Corry Story’ yearbook is one of the best

The Corry Middle High School yearbook was released on Friday, April 26, and I have a lot of opinions surrounding this release. This year the yearbook’s theme was “Diary of a Corry Kid” based on the popular book series “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.” I think that this is one of the most original themes that have come out of the yearbook class in a long time. In the last couple of years, the 2023 theme was “magazine” and the 2022 theme was “neon lights.” The theme this year is creative and fun. On several pages in the yearbook, there are illustrations that are similar to the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” drawings which truly brings the theme to life. Some of the images are depicting the school renovations and the iconic Corry Beaver. 

Most of the pages are organized and aesthetic to look at. Some of my favorites are all of the sport pages, the musical pages, and the homecoming court and dance page. However, there were many pages that were a little empty and had numerous spelling errors. I am a little disappointed with the Homecoming spirit week page. Although it looks good, the photos are in small circles and make it hard to see the actual spirit week outfits. I love how the senior pictures are displayed, but I don’t know how I feel about the shapes that are in the middle of other class pages. 

Besides a couple of things, I genuinely think this yearbook is one of the best we have had. The only thing that I wish was different is that more students were highlighted. After looking through it, there is definitely a trend of the same group of kids appearing consistently in the yearbook. All together, I give the yearbook an 8/10. It was a good experience looking back at the 2023-2024 school year.