The very kind Ms. Kuritz

Haeleigh Bayle, Reporter

“Happiness is not by chance, but by choice” – Jim Rohn (Ms. Kuritz’s favorite quote)

During this week I was given the privilege of interviewing one of the many new employees welcomed to Corry this year, Ms. Shannon Kuritz. Ms. Kuritz teaches high school girls Physical Education and Health. She grew up in Hermitage Pennsylvania with her two older sisters, Requel (37 years old) and Sadie (31 years old). Graduating from West Middlesex High School in 2013,  Ms. Kuritz then moved on to attending Edinboro University where she majored in Health and Physical Education. She graduated from Edinboro University in May of 2018. Her birthday is June 5, and she is 25 years old.

At one point, I asked why she got into the job that she did. Her response was simply that, “…it was something I always wanted to do since I was a little kid. As I got older I realized how much I enjoyed sports and physical activity. Health was always such an interesting topic to me, so what better job than teaching young adults the importance of these two topics?” 

When asked about her favorite hobbies she said, “I really enjoy being outside and going camping as much as possible with my friends and family.” To add to that, her favorite way to pass time is to go for walks by Edinboro Lake.

Over quarantine, when asked what she did, she followed up with this response, “…I went for a five mile walk everyday, ran, and watched A LOT of TV with my dogs.” One thing, however, that drives Ms. Kuritz crazy is when people pull out in front of her while she’s driving and then decide to go extremely slow. 

As our interview came to an end, she wrote that a very important piece of advice she wants to impart with you is:

The only thing stopping you from going after what you want is you.

— Ms. Kuritz