Home schooling vs. public school

Hannah Chelton, Reporter

As time has been changing due to the pandemic, parents are seeking different options to educate their children. Parents either choose to send their children back to public school, or decide to do home school in concern of possibly contracting COVID-19 at school. There are pros and cons to each style of learning, but the social interaction between the two are polar opposites. Students can thrive in public school and home school, but it goes beyond just the academics. It also includes any sports, extracurricular activities, and the social interaction with their peers.

For some parents, home schooling seems like the best option for their children. This is because they can monitor them all day knowing what they are doing. Additionally, the parents can pick out the curriculum that best fits their children’s learning capabilities. From there, they can see all of the work that they have done and can see what needs to be improved or changed. Other perks include that they can plan field trips to their own preferences and which places would be the most beneficial to the scholars.

On the other hand, parents might decide to send their children to public school for their education. They could choose this option for a couple of different reasons. Some include the reason that the parent does not feel like they have proper education to educate their children and that they need to have a social life while being exposed to society. School academics are important, but being exposed to society is just as vital. This is because communication and cooperation is used every single day between individuals.

In the end, there are pros and cons between home schooling and public school. Ultimately, it is the parents’ discretion on the way they choose to educate their children. Some may find it more beneficial to educate them at home, and others prefer sending them to public school.