School spirit on full display for homecoming week

Haeleigh Bayle, Editor

Homecoming is a time each year that students, teachers, and local families can get into the school spirit and make memories. Starting Sept. 13, the school began the yearly “Spirit Week” challenge between every grade. It started with mismatch day and ended with color wars. Thursday was the Homecoming Parade, Friday was the home football game, and Saturday was the much-anticipated dance. Beaver spirit and enthusiasm lingered in the hallways each day.

Each theme Monday through Friday allowed students and teachers to participate in the fun-filled week and show off their school spirit. Not only did it create friendly competition, but it also sparked conversation. Some went all out each day for dressing up, while others mildly chose to partake in the theme each day. The days were: Monday: mismatch day, Tuesday: character day, Wednesday: decades day, Thursday: orange and black day, and Friday: color wars.

The parade took place Thursday, Sept. 26 at 6 p.m. Floats were decorated and candy buckets were full at the start, and by the end (or in some cases the middle) all candy was thrown, and floats were being taken down. The excitement of the parade was over faster than any would have thought, and soon students were back to reality.

Friday during school there was the annual pep assembly for Homecoming, in which the students got to participate in well-planned activities and laughed while watching from the stands. That night the stands were once again packed to the brim with eager fans enthusiastic about the home football game against Fairview. After a close game, Corry was unable to come out victorious and lost 34-20. Even though they lost, they still fought hard and attempted to win even at the very end. That night during halftime the Homecoming King and Queen was announced. Rachel Brady was crowned Queen by Jayden Almeda (last year’s Queen), and Aiden Kafferlin was crowned King by Caden Bidwell (last year’s King).

On Saturday the dance was held from 7-10 p.m. on the practice field behind the softball field. Students danced the night away under a tent. Many girls ended up barefoot by the end, and almost everyone went home sweaty. Even though it was not held in the gym like years prior (save for last year), students still had an enjoyable time talking with friends and being able to be goofy while dancing. Overall the dance was a success and most students enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

All in all, this year’s homecoming was full of events that kept the students cheering and smiling.