‘King Richard’ is an inspirational family story

King Richard is an inspirational family story

King Richard is a biographical sports drama film starring Will Smith. The drama takes the audience through the life of tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams. These sisters were the first to make a break into the tennis world for the black community. The story takes us through the complications and the doubt that the ladies had from the start. They were coached from an early age by Richard Williams (Will Smith) and Oracene Price.

The story aimed its focus on the dedication that family has for the sport, and how they got to where they are now. They overcame every complication that was thrown at them during the movie. The girls would go to prove themselves, and further on to win a combination of 30 Grand Slam titles. The movie also engages the very important role that Richard William played in his daughter’s future. He went above and beyond to ensure that both of his girls were going pro and making a difference in the world.  He was a stand out character to me in this film, because even when everyone and his family was against him he still persevered and beat everyone’s odds.

Overall, I think that this movie was very inspirational and can make a difference for all the little girls and boys that want to go pro in a sport. Showing that all you need is dedication and never giving up. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes dramas and pre-teen’s, so that they can have a fine understanding of what is going on.

I would rate this movie 5/5 stars.