Student driver crashes into me during their drivers test

I have always dreamed of getting a beautiful car when I was old enough to drive. On my 16th birthday, I walked outside to a beautiful, shiny, white Mercedes Benz. I was so grateful and was so in love. My car is probably my favorite item I own, and I get compliments on it often. 

In less than a month it will be two years since I was given my car. I am always careful driving because I know it would be so difficult and expensive to have to fix anything on my car. I am sure everyone would rather put their money towards things besides getting their car fixed. I never would expect to get in any kind of accident due to how safe I drive, but this weekend I was proven wrong. 

It was Friday, March 1 and I was driving over to Kent State University to visit my friend, which is two hours and 15 minutes away. I make this trip often, I have driven here safely multiple times before. About an hour and a half into the trip I get off of the interstate and onto a road with a speed limit of 55 miles per hour. I was minding my business when I noticed a gray car was about to pull out of a driveway just about 20 feet ahead of me. Due to me traveling at this speed and how close they were to me when pulling out, there was nothing I could do but hope they would move out of my way. 

I tried to press my brakes but they really cut me off and we crashed into each other. I could not swerve into the other lane because it was a busy road and so many cars were coming towards us. I immediately was screaming and crying because of how scared and upset I was. I was not injured, but just so scared. I called my mom right away with tears streaming down my face and I let her know I was not injured but I did get crashed into. A middle-aged man came up to my window asking if I was all right and I just got out of the car to talk to him. What I saw next really shocked me.

Once I got out of the car I turned around to see that the car that ran into me was a student driver in a school issued drivers education car. The man who came up to me was the driving instructor and he saw how upset I was, so he was just trying to calm me down and being very reassuring. He let me know his insurance will cover everything and kept apologizing. I had no idea where we were, if I was able to drive my car to Kent, or if my car was okay. The student was actually taking their drivers test when they caused this accident, so they definitely failed. 

The police arrived and checked everything out, taking pictures of the cars and got my insurance and license. The driving instructor was so apologetic the entire time and kept telling the police that he and the student driver were at fault, I was simply just driving straight. His kindness and reassurance really calmed me down and made the situation way better.

About 30 minutes after the crash was when the police let me continue my little road trip. Luckily, I still could drive my car. All that was ruined was the two passenger side doors, paint scraped off of it and totally dented in but that is getting fixed this week. I am so thankful that the crash was not as bad as it could have been. All people involved were uninjured and neither car was totaled. 

I have learned from this experience that I can drive as safely as I can, but accidents are always possible. I guess the key take away with this is… to watch out for inexperienced student drivers!