Gregarious George

Gregarious+George
Reagan White

August 23, 2023. My friend was trying to find homes for some kittens she had but there was one that she couldn’t find a place for. He was the size of my hand and eager to get out of it. His “meows” were insanely loud for such a small cat. His fur was so soft, I did not want to put him down.

“You know you could just take him right?” said my friend. Of course I had already thought of that and texted my mom to ask. I knew that she would most likely say no, so I showed up to her work to beg her. With some time and a lot of convincing, she reluctantly accepted it. My friends and I drove back to the house to get him so we could buy him everything he needed. He sat on my shoulder the whole ride with some “meows” here and there.

While sorting through name ideas, George came to mind. It just fit him so perfectly and he seemed to like it. George is definitely a lot to handle but I made the right choice. Being a trouble-maker is what he is all about. Something falls? It was George. Cats are fighting? George started it.

With his playful side comes the cuddly side too. After he gets overworked by playing, George comes to find me. His purrs boom as he makes his way to me. My chest is his favorite place to sleep, and I love it just as much as he does. He does get a little clingy sometimes, but how could I complain about that? At least I have a cat that likes being around me, which is not too common.

George is a social butterfly. He loves when people are around to give him attention. It often works out in his favor because everyone is obsessed with him. My other cats also keep him company even though most of the time it’s him bugging them until they get fed up with it.

He is so sweet, and I’m so happy I was given the opportunity to take him home.