Last home win of the season

Boys basketball had their last home game of the season and pulled out a win
Keaton Frisina and Tavon Kornikoski
JAC Sports Photography
Keaton Frisina and Tavon Kornikoski

On Tuesday, the Corry Beavers boys basketball team had their last home game of the season. They competed against the Titusville Rockets who have an overall record of 5-14, and the Beavers with an overall record of 10-8. The theme for the game was Orange Out sponsored by the Corry Journal. Anyone who wore the color orange got into the game for free! At the game there was an organization against Teen Dating Violence. There were shirts being handed out and a table with resources to help and other information on the topic. The national anthem was performed by the Corry High Honors Choir led by Mrs. Smrcka.

The JV was first to play the Rockets at 6, and they ended up beating Titusville 52-19.

The starting line up for the Rockets was senior guard #5 David Leonard, senior forward #30 Devon Krazinski , senior guard #2 Isiah Colon, junior forward #45 Cameron Kerr, and senior forward #20 Hudson Fratus.

The starting line-up for the Beavers was: senior forward #4 Tavon Kornikoski, senior forward #15 Markus Lambert, senior guard #23 Rylan Smith, junior point guard #3 Karson Chamberlin, and sophomore guard #2 Kamdyn Moon.

The varsity team started at 7:30, and when the pregame show by Deej Experience Broadcasting the spotlight player was senior Kornikoski. His defense has shined bright for the Beavers this season with many assists and some steals. The start of the game for the Beavers was rough, but in the second quarter they started getting a good rhythm. The Beavers played a good defense with many steals from the Rockets, and rebounds. In the first half of the game, Titusville Rocket Isiah Colon hit his one-thousand-point milestone in his career. By halftime the score was 30-22, Beavers with the lead. At halftime the Corry cheerleaders did one last spectacular home game performance.

In the second half of the game, Corry increased the performance, doing a good job at making more shots and stopping Titusville from scoring. In the end the Beavers ended up pulling out a win with the score being 69-61 in the end. The point stats for the Rockets was: Krasinzki with 21 points, Colon with 14 points, Fratus 14 points, Kerr with seven points, and Leonard with four points. For the Beavers leading was Lambert with 26 points, Smith with 19 points, Moon with 15 points, Cameron Ricketts with four, Chamberlin with three points, and Jack Albers with three points.

From the post-game show presented by Deej Experience Broadcasting: the offensive play of the game was a pass in the first half to Ricketts by Lambert; the defensive play of the game was all the steals by Smith; the player of the game was Lambert for leading the team with points.