• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!
  • May 13Friday, May 17, is Mental Health Awareness Day, Coming Together to End the Stigma at Union City High School

Rylan Smith scores 1,000 points

Corry Beaver achieves basketball milestone

Last Friday the Corry Boys basketball team traveled over to Conneaut. Senior guard Rylan Smith was projected to score his 1,000th point in his varsity career at this game. The Beavers had previously beat the Conneaut Eagles when they played them at home, so another win was expected this night, ensuring Smith reached this amazing mark.

The Eagles put up a fight and the Beavers weren’t able to get the win, but Smith did reach 1,000 points. Going into the game Smith was 18 points away from getting to a 1,000. Smith scored 19 points in the loss to CASH. He fouled out almost immediately after reaching this accomplishment.

A mid-game celebration took place after he scored. The game stopped, and all fans stood for a standing ovation and he was presented with a personalized banner and basketball. The team congratulated him and took some photos before continuing the game. Even though the team took a loss, it was still a prideful and successful night for boys basketball.

For more on Rylan Smith, check out this student spotlight.