• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!
  • May 13Friday, May 17, is Mental Health Awareness Day, Coming Together to End the Stigma at Union City High School

My take on Las Vegas

My take on Las Vegas

One day out of nowhere my mom said that we were going to Las Vegas. I was filled with emotions like happiness and excitement. So when the day had come, I got packed up and ready to fly over there. We got to the airport and had our tickets to go on the plane and we did just that. It felt like it took forever, but it was only about a five hour flight. It was night time and I looked out just before we landed and that was the first time I saw Las Vegas with all the lights.

We immediately went to our hotel room because it was already late when we arrived. I was the last one to wake up and my parents said come downstairs to get breakfast before we leave. It was a quick breakfast because we wanted to go around and explore. We went back to the room to get ready before venturing the city.

We were there for four days and did multiple different things, probably all of the typical tourist adventures anyone thinks of when they think of Vegas. One of the interesting things we did was visit the pawn shop from the TV show “Pawn Stars.” My dad has always liked that show and I remember watching it with him when I was younger. Something else we did was go zip lining over the city. It was a great view and in the evening so the sun was setting.

This was my first time visiting Las Vegas. It was fun while it lasted but we had to head to the airport and go back home.