‘Pitch Perfect’ hits all the right notes

Recently I re-watched the comedy ”Pitch Perfect,” causing me to fall in love with the movie all over again.

Becca (Anna Kendrick) is an aspiring music producer who wants to move to California and “pay her dues.” However, her dad would not let her. Eventually, he proposes a deal. If Becca joins a group and devotes herself for a whole year, and still wants to leave, he will help pay for her to move away and pursue her dreams. She joins an all girl acapella group and grows to love it as she goes. 

The acting in this movie is very good, but one actress stood out among the others, making Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson), a huge personal favorite of mine. Her hilarious scenes could make anyone laugh.

Another thing I enjoyed was the romance factor of the movie with Becca and Jesse (Skylar Astin), giving the audience a taste of the golden retriever/black cat relationship. As I was watching, I was disappointed to see who didn’t make the all men group, the Treblemakers, after auditions. My favorite scene of the movie was the riff-off, where they had to battle each other with song. The movie had an amazing soundtrack that leaves you ready to sing along. Personally, I think that the Treblemakers deserved the win after their fantastic finals performance.

I would recommend this movie to ages thirteen and up, who love a little music as well as comedy. This movie also captures the essence of 2000s movies with the comedy that they use, so if you like that then this movie is for you. The MPAA rating is ages thirteen and older. “Pitch Perfect” will forever and always be one of my favorites. Out of five stars, I would rate this movie four and three quarters stars.