Wrestling Hickory Invitational

The boys first wrestling Invitational of the season

Over the weekend the boys Corry wrestling high school team, grades 9-12, headed to Hickory for their first invitational of the season. The invitational was held at Hickory High School; it started on Friday December 1 and it went until Saturday December 2.

Friday the wrestlers had an early dismal at 11 a.m., and started wresting at 4 p.m. that night, and didn’t get done until around 10 p.m. Then on Saturday they started up at 9 a.m. and continued until around 7 p.m.

The whole team attended the tournament and the weight classes were: Logan Willis a freshman at 107, Wyatt Swan a sophomore at 114, Logan Hodak a senior at 121, Markus Meredith a sophomore at 127, Steven Willis a sophomore also at 127, Isaiah Bayle a Junior at 133, Will Allen a junior at 139, Cooper Hodak a sophomore at 145, Cody Proper a junior at 152, Lamech Albers a freshman at 160, Mason Savitz a junior at 172, Nolan Carey a junior at 189, Kael Albers a junior at 215, Landon Nickerson a freshman also at 215, and Owen Nickerson a sophomore at 285.

A majority of the team placed in their own weight class. L. Willis placed fifth, Swan, placed sixth, L. Hodak sixth, Meredith placed fourth, S. Willis placed second, Allen placed first being named champion of his weight class, C. Hodak placed seventh, Proper placed third, L. Albers placed seventh, Savitz also placed first in his weight class being named champion, Carey placed seventh, K. Albers placed second, O. Nickerson placed sixth.  The team as a whole placed second at the invitational.

Due to Mason Savitz and Will Allen being placed first in their weight classes of 139 (Allen), and 172 (Savitz) got interviewed by the Erie Times News. The two went home with champion medals.