• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Dazzling Davies

Dazzling+Davies

Ms. Abigail Davies is a wonderful chemistry teacher at CAHS. Born on August 3, making her a lively Leo, Ms. Davies was raised alongside her two brothers in Youngsville/Pittsfield, PA. With that being said, she also attended Youngsville High School. Although Davies did not play any sport in high school, she is happy to share that she was the president of the school’s Math and Science Club.

After graduating High school, she ventured to Mercyhurst University to get her Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry. Then, she moved on to attend Edinboro University to get her Master’s Degree in Secondary Education. Surprisingly enough, Ms. Davies did not always plan on being a teacher. As a matter of fact, she initially planned on becoming a pharmacist until her junior year of college where she got the opportunity to shadow the job and realized that it might not have been for her after all. Davies says that she decided to become an educator because she wanted to share her love for science!

On the surface, Ms. Davies may come across as very quirky and charismatic. However, there are many different assets of her personality that should not be easily assumed by just taking her class or passing her in the hallway. Outside of school, Davies enjoys playing golf at her parents’ golf course and reading books. Davies expresses that her favorite types of books are murder mysteries. Currently, she is reading “Pendergast” by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.

Additionally, she loves scary movies by Stephen King, especially when she gets to watch them with her mom. Her favorite song is “Fins” by Jimmy Buffet because it is very nostalgic, her favorite type of food is any and all Mexican dishes, and her favorite color is blue. Speaking of blue, Davies’ loves visiting anywhere that there is a beach because she loves the warm summer environment, beaming sunshine, and blue water.

Furthermore, when asked what animal Ms. Davies would match her personality to, she replied with, “a cat because I love to have fun, but I also enjoy being left alone sometimes.” Lastly, Ms. Davies biggest pet peeve is when students ask to go to the bathroom right as soon as class officially starts. 

Having personally taken her chemistry class, this reporter can easily say that Ms. Davies is an excellent educator who radiates positive energy all of the time. She brings so much fun and light into the classroom and truly makes learning chemistry an enjoyable experience. After all, her favorite quote is, “The only difference between science and goofing around is writing it down,” by Adam Savage from “MythBusters.”

All in all, a quote that Ms. Davies would like to give her readers , “You do not have to have everything figured out right now. It is okay to change your mind.”