New series ‘The Fall of the House of Usher’ based on Poe’s classics is a thrilling watch

Looking for a new show to binge? A recent Netflix series, “The Fall of the House of Usher” aired in October 2023 had poetry and film fanatics screaming. This jaw-dropping thriller had many people falling out of their seats due to the mysterious plot twists and sophisticated acting. Great references were displayed throughout the show like “The Black Cat,” “Tell-Tale Heart,” and “The Raven.” Each episode had amazing story lines that were sure to make you crave more. With only eight episodes, anyone could finish this drama within a day tops.

The perfectly sculpted cast have also played roles in other heart-stopping thrillers like “The Haunting of Hill House” and “The Haunting of Bly Manor.” It is suggested that you watch these so you get a feel for the cast. A group of great actors is enough for a new favorite show.

The story starts out with Roderick Usher and his six children. Each child is mothered by five different women. The show follows the different perspectives of each of his kids as well as Roderick living out his childhood years with his twin sister Madeline. Both of them strive for popularity and fame but little did they know that one deal would tear their family apart one by one.

The storyline and into the ending isn’t something that is rushed either. It has a great flow between enthralling and mystifying. If you were also confused about the actual House of Usher story, this is a great way to get a deeper dive into who the Usher family really is. I really recommend sitting down this weekend with a friend or by yourself to watch this one of a kind thriller. You won’t regret it!