• March 19Spring break is March 28-April 2!
  • March 19The end of the third nine weeks grading period is Wednesday, March 27!

Beaver Tales Staff Holiday Favorites, a playlist

This year, members of the Beaver Tales staff were asked to share their favorite holiday songs and a few words about why they love it. Please enjoy this eclectic mix of music as we head into the winter break:

Kylynn Deane: Tough pick, but “Christmas Tree Farm” by Taylor Swift. First, I love Taylor Swift, so the fact that she sings it makes me like it even more. My family always goes to the Christmas tree farm every year the day after Thanksgiving to cut down our tree, so it correlates with that. Her vocals of the song, the lyrics, are all amazing and contribute to the reason why this is one of my favorites.

Emma Minnick: My favorite holiday song is “Last Christmas” by Wham!. This song is one of my favorites because it is so catchy and can be listened to any time of the year. I love Wham! and I always listen to this song when I make Christmas cookies. Any time I make a holiday playlist, this is the first song I add!

Cameron Richards: “Merry Christmas Baby” by Jordan Mailtia, Lane Johnson, and Jason Kelce, all linemen from the Philadelphia Eagles. I like this song because even though they’re football players, they have really good voices.

Ava Gjertsen: “Snowman” by Sia. No particular reason, it’s just a song that I vibe to and enjoy.

Jenna Martin: “Mistletoe” by Justin Beiber. I love Justin very much. The song is very good and positive.

Alivia Burger: “Wonderful Christmastime” is my favorite Christmas song ever. It was sung by Paul McCartney and is an experimental piece that plays with techno music and the fast changing tempo. He takes his favorite aspects about the holiday and pieces them together to make an incredible work of art.

Willow Bowen: My favorite Christmas song is “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” by Band Aid. This was super iconic because all these popular 80’s singers got together and raised money for the 1983 -1985 famine in Ethiopia.

Ruthie Light: My favorite Christmas song is “Hard Candy Christmas” by Dolly Parton because it is very sentimental to me and I just love the vibes. It is a very fun, poppy, holiday song that makes me especially excited for Christmas. Also, I just love Dolly Parton because she is an icon and her music is so classic and catchy.

Ashton Mineo: “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Frank Sinatra is my favorite.

MaKenna Moore: My favorite holiday song is “Last Christmas” by Wham! This song is my favorite because I enjoy the meaning behind it and the lyrics. This song just always manages to get me in the Christmas mood. This song is also played in one of my favorite holiday movies.

Trent Williams: My favorite holiday song is “Sleigh Ride” by the Ronettes. It has a good vibe to it.

Rubie Gibson: “Rocking Around the Christmas Tree” is my favorite. I just love it. I’m not really into Christmas songs, but if I had to pick I’d definitely say that one. It just shows a lot of joy in the holiday!

Jonathan Albers: My favorite Christmas song is “Mele Kalikimaka.” It’s an upbeat, fun Christmas song that makes me happy every time I hear it. It is also in “Christmas Vacation.”

Reagan White: My favorite holiday song is “Feliz Navidad,” but Coach Lambert’s version. The day before Christmas break, Mr. Lambert would gather the students in the hallway and play this song on his guitar.

Hannah Daily: My favorite holiday song wold probably be “Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande because it is a good song and I really enjoy listening to it.

Mr. McBriar: “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” – I’ve always loved this song, originally because it kicks off one of my favorite Christmas movies, “Gremlins.” While Darlene Love’s version is still the classic rendition, my recent favorite cover is from Murder By Death on their Christmas album “Lonesome Holiday.”